Friday, October 4, 2013

Humanizing the Non-Human

This months blog circle challenge at Clickin' Moms was  "Anthropomorphism" to "Humanize the non Human." To make objects look and feel human.

Our dogs are definitely members of the family and get treated as such. They enjoy home cooked meals (the RAW diet), they have an active social life, they even go wine tasting with us. Yes they are very spoiled, but they are oh so sweet!  I also enjoy dressing them up much to my children's chagrin! :)

Ruby actually enjoys wearing clothes. Being an Italian Greyhound, and a breed with little to no body fat, it's important to keep them warm. So Ruby has an extensive wardrobe. One of her cutest outfits is her giraffe costume, but her daily wear is polar tech fleece by DogGoneChic.










Ruby and her sister Hazel


The cold wet weather is here but Ruby stays snugly warm in her DogGoneChic fleece!


 Sometimes both girls will get dresses up.  Hazel definitely does not care for it!

And because the dogs go everywhere with us we decided to buy them an RV so we could all travel together. They even have their own bed!

Thanks for stopping by. Please visit Holly's blog and see her lovely interpretation of anthropomorphism.

6 comments:

  1. Funny! Love these, my dog is my third child so I understand where you're coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, these are so much fun. That giraffe costume is a hoot! My favorite is of Ruby in her purple fleece at the front door... great color and lighting in that image and she looks like a little girl waiting for daddy to get home from work. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh - that's adorable. I love that she has both a cool giraffe jacket as well as some practical daily wear polartech fleece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA!! Love the giraffe costume!! Our little dog is definitely a family member as well. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the giraffe costume! The first image is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! This is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete