Monday, November 4, 2013

Spookiness

The challenge for this months Clickin Moms blog circle was to capture "Spookiness".
Originally I thought I'd probably take photos of the local Halloween displays and costumes. But my plan changed one sunny afternoon.

You see, I had an appointment with my realtor to look at a vacant property that was very old, rundown and heavily overgrown.

I was early for our appointment.....when she called at the last minute saying she could not make it, but I was free to walk the property and explore it's vacant old house. Cool - because I love exploring abandoned buildings!

There is a certain charm about this old place. The house is severely neglected, and the city is demanding the structure be demolished, but some of the old wood would be worth reclaiming.

As I'm walking around outside the building I'm seeing small signs of someone having been there recently, like a bowl with dried up milk and cereal,  empty cans that have not rusted yet, drug paraphernalia.... all signs that someone is likely squatting on the property.





As I walk around through the brush and approached the front porch I'm looking in the windows to view the interior. And then I see smilie face balloon through the window!! This totally creeped me out knowing someone had indeed been in the house - recently! The helium balloon was still floating,  so it had to have been placed there recently!! I was way too spooked to go inside the house and look around because I was afraid I would encounter someone inside there.




I'll apologize now for only having instagram photos, but they were all I had from this experience.

Thanks for stopping by!

Now treat yourself to some more spookiness by visiting Holly's awesome blog!!





2 comments:

  1. This totally spooked me! Great images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow- the balloon shot gave me chills since it is so contradictory to the environment. Such a horror movie feel to these..nice work!

    ReplyDelete